Attentiveness is the
natural prayer of the soul.
Pay attention, there is
no time to rush.
1. I appreciate that I took the time to make my front porch pretty.
2. I created holiday magic for my children for the 22nd year.
3. I can see beauty everywhere.
4. I found all the presents I hid!
5. I'm fun to play games with...at least I think I am!
1. Waking early with no alarm.
2. A hot tub at dawn.
3. Chicken backs, frozen.
4. Food in the freezer.
5. Everyone home snug and safe in the storm.
1. The pink-orange glow of the sunrise.
2. Neighbors that are family.
3. Sledding with Frank and Janet.
4. Prosecco and pomegranate juice.
5. A toast in my new house.
1. I am thoughtful.
2. I smell good. :-)
3. I think I pulled it off.
4. I went anyway.
5. I am light. I am.
1. Thanks for coming.
2. My new car.
3. Lemon, raw honey and ginger water.
4. My little snoring dog.
5. Thanks for the fire, Craig.
1. He's gone.
2. My capable oldest.
3. I am so glad I married my reasonable husband.
4. My rat-pig.
5. The Solstice.
I've been feeling anxious about our move so I went out and walked the fields.
Pack the truck.
2. The woodpecker who flew right over my head.
3. Ice feathers.
4. The murder of crows watching my every move.
5. Cookie party!
I haven't been up the hill for a few days because of the snow. I wasn't sure my little pup could make it, but I've had a headache that I can't get rid of and I know it helps when I get my blood flowing. It's only 12 degrees and the snow comes up to my little pup's shoulders in places, but we trudge on!
My dependable friend Laura must have made a trip up before me, because her tracks are there. I know it's her because she is the only other person I've seen up here and she is devoted. But inside her tracks I spot something else-- deer tracks. As I gratefully walk in Laura's footsteps, it feels satisfying to think that we are making things just a titch bit easier to a spindly-legged deer.
The air air is so cold and invigorating, that my head feels the best it has for 2 days. I am so thankful for this hike, yet again.
2. The beauty of frozen water.
3. Laura blazing the trail.
4. Steph and her harmonium.
5. My kids are in school today! :-)
My car said -8 as I dropped the boys at school. Every other parent was up and doing the same get-the-kids-out dance as I was but I'm going to honor myself anyway...
~I invite you
to stand in AWE
of the glorious
1. the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for.
Notice the Trance
We all do it—switch to autopilot when life gets busy. We forget about what matters. We no longer see the mystery. We start to live small.
It's time to wake up to your life!
Come play with me!
Start to pay attention to the simple gifts in your life. Write them down!
I like to call them my
5 Grate Things
No matter how hard the day, you can always come up with something!
Try not to repeat yourself...
dig for the good stuff and uncover the magic!
"You wander from room to room, hunting for the diamond necklace that is already around your neck." ~Rumi