Attentiveness is the
natural prayer of the soul.
Pay attention, there is
no time to rush.
1. Having Roxie say hello.
2. This afternoon sun.
4. Having a pair of skinny arms wrap around my neck.
5. My very own Thompson and Thomson.
1. I do what I say I'm going to do.
2. I appreciate my clean house
3. My boys doing their laundry
4. Coconut oil
5. My laundry room
I haven't done the hill for about a week. That's a big stretch for me, but my girl has struggled with her leg and my role as Mama comes first.
Also, I've been lazy (full responsibility rests here). It happens.
But today I'm here and it's really cold. I am not quite prepared.
My ass is on the (cold!) rock and I am listening to creatures romp through the leaves and birds call. Yes, thank you.
4. Malasana on my mountain.
5. Haunted gym.
Gosh, I did it AGAIN! I have left myself out of my daily appreciations. Why is it so easy to forget about ME? This is a process and I am learning. I will not be harsh or judgmental with myself. I will gently uncover all of my gifts.
1. Red sky in morning (I take the warning).
2. Essential oils.
3. Yoga pants.
4. My pellet stove...when it works.
5. The Bota Brick.
2. Our co-op.
3. Changing hydrangeas.
4. A tornado of leaves.
5. I still love this man after 26 years.
1. Yoga and breakfast with a friend that I adore.
2. Having all of my kids under one roof.
3. I have created beautiful children.
4. Not having to make dinner.
5. Finding survivors.
Having a rough morning. I decided to leave it all behind and head up the hill, get my heart pumping. Before I even reach the woods I have to cross a small stream. Today I slip on a rock and my feet go in--all the way in. I rage as I stand in the frigid water. F**K!!!!
But I decide to suck it up, squish and carry on.
1. I honor that about myself.
2. And I'm glad I do because beautiful surprises await.
3. And I get rewarded for my perseverance.
4. The privilege of walking away and letting someone else clean my house. Thank you, Carrie!
5. The simple fact that there actually is a steam at the beginning of my daily walk
I forgot to write an appreciation about myself yesterday. I was so in love with all the sights around me, I just forgot. And it's easy to forget that one. Coming up with something good about myself every single day is the hardest part of my game. I often sit and stare for quite a bit before something pops into my head. That makes me think that this work is important.
1. I take care of everything in the background and I do it well. There is immense value in this.
2. My boys still pretending there are rocket boosters on their shoes.
3. My boy is on his way home.
4. A boot instead of a cast.
5. Play doh.
It's all different now that the frost has come in the darkness and kissed the trees.
I sit outside in the early morning and hear the leaves fall, brushing against one and other as they make their way down, the frost having loosened their grip. The sun is starting to rise and a ray makes it's way through the shedding tree. The morning glows impossibly gold for a moment, and I witness the beauty of letting go.
1. The trees suddenly exposing their beautiful bones.
2. The smell of a wet, fall day.
3. Birch logs.
4. Walking a new trail.
5. Stone walls.
~I invite you
to stand in AWE
of the glorious
1. the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for.
Notice the Trance
We all do it—switch to autopilot when life gets busy. We forget about what matters. We no longer see the mystery. We start to live small.
It's time to wake up to your life!
Come play with me!
Start to pay attention to the simple gifts in your life. Write them down!
I like to call them my
5 Grate Things
No matter how hard the day, you can always come up with something!
Try not to repeat yourself...
dig for the good stuff and uncover the magic!
"You wander from room to room, hunting for the diamond necklace that is already around your neck." ~Rumi