Attentiveness is the
natural prayer of the soul.
Pay attention, there is
no time to rush.
1. Wisdom from an unexpected source.
2. A patch of blue.
3. Loyal Saint Francis.
4. Grapefruit seltzer.
5. My slippers.
I need to get back to my ritual. I took the time off and it didn't serve me.
Recording my gratitude here enhanced my life. I know that now.
My work moving forward is to re-establish my routine.
I'm on it!
1. Turkey meatballs.
2. All the work with this pup is paying off. She's a good girl.
3. Being reminded of my sensitive, beautiful little boy.
4. Having the energy to crank out some serious work.
5. I so appreciate my strong, almost 52-year-old body getting into yoga poses that the 20-year-old next to me can't get into. I know I'm not supposed to compare, but dammit, at this stage of the game I deserve the boost.
1. Welcome, Spring.
2. My boy is proud and so am I.
4. Talking to my boy.
5. Hitting the hill again.
Snow day. I'm up early anyway, it's just the way I'm wired. It's dark. Silly daylight savings.
I get in the hot tub alone--my favorite morning ritual. The warm water envelops me and the snow hits my face. I close my eyes and breathe deep. The silence is broken by the chipper call of a cardinal. This makes me happy.
I have missed writing this stuff down. I took a break from posting on this site to see how it would feel, and now I am back. I thought I would continue to tally my 5 grate things every day-either mentally or physically somewhere, but I didn't.
So, I return and it feels good.
1. The cardinal at dawn.
2. The smell of coffee on a snowy morning.
3. Feeling snug and cozy and having a fridge full of food.
4. Child's pose.
5. Sleeping well.
1. Freedom, baby!
2. This place. It's a balm to my soul.
3. The calm before the storm.
4. Grapefruit seltzer.
5. I heard a red-wined blackbird. Stay warm little guy!
~I invite you
to stand in AWE
of the glorious
1. the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for.
Notice the Trance
We all do it—switch to autopilot when life gets busy. We forget about what matters. We no longer see the mystery. We start to live small.
It's time to wake up to your life!
Come play with me!
Start to pay attention to the simple gifts in your life. Write them down!
I like to call them my
5 Grate Things
No matter how hard the day, you can always come up with something!
Try not to repeat yourself...
dig for the good stuff and uncover the magic!
"You wander from room to room, hunting for the diamond necklace that is already around your neck." ~Rumi