Attentiveness is the
natural prayer of the soul.
Pay attention, there is
no time to rush.
I've done 100 posts of my 5 grate things. I think you get the idea by now, right?
I'm going to keep up my practice, and I hope you are, too, but I'm going to keep them to myself for a bit and see how that feels. I may come back to this...I may not. That's one of the grate things about having your own blog--I can do whatever the hell I want! Yah! ;-)
1. Finding this sweet face on my phone.
3. A great mix of coffee beans.
4. Easily packing the kitchen up.
5. Having more appear.
1. Blue and white.
3. Two great hot yoga classes in two different states.
4. My peach smoothie.
5. Tile floors with radiant heat.
2. Plenty of food.
3. Good coffee blend.
4. Fun movie.
5. Everyone safe and snug in bed. Goodnight!
A couple of inches of snow, then a layer of freezing rain last night and a school delay this morning. I headed up early with my girl as the sun was making the world sparkle. I left my layers at home because it was so mild, but I soon realized that was the wrong decision as I entered the woods and the trees wept all over us as the ice melted from their limbs. The scene was other-worldly with sun and fog and ice.
It was beautiful but a difficult hike. Each step was a labor as we broke through the icy crust and sunk into the snow below. I had my trusty spikes on, but the sharp top layer of snow managed to pull them off my boots. They would have been lost forever, but my retriever loped up beside me carrying the lost cleat in her mouth...twice! The trees dripped all over us as they melted and we were soaked and chilled to the bone by the time we finished.
1. I am thankful to witness such mystical beauty.
2. Thankful to have the strength to complete such a taxing climb.
3. Grateful to have the time and freedom to do it.
4. I appreciate my pup's help and company!
5. Happy to have a warm shower to soothe me on my return.
You know how music can change everything?
I was dragging ass this morning and then I remembered I had my headphones in my pocket. I pulled them out, put them in my ears and hit play. This song came on and I friggin' flew up that damn hill (there may have been a few dance steps, as well).
I LOVE this song...
"and it seems like everybody's got a better lookin' party, but it won't give you what you want"
1. Transforming in an instant and knowing I have that power.
2. Finding music that helps with that transformation.
3. Talent that brings tears to my eyes. Watch these f'in guys! Playing the drum, keyboards and singing, all at once...what??
4. Boots that fit my calves.
5. Amazon Prime.
February almost had me in her clutches, but then I got myself a pair of ice cleats and I'm back in business!
2. Hitting the hill.
3. Snow hearts.
4. Automated car wash.
5. Heated seats.
1. Sunny snow showers.
2. Knowing it was the right decision.
3. Being able to go in and hang at the house.
4. Being able to help my friends.
5. Serenity oil.
~I invite you
to stand in AWE
of the glorious
1. the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for.
Notice the Trance
We all do it—switch to autopilot when life gets busy. We forget about what matters. We no longer see the mystery. We start to live small.
It's time to wake up to your life!
Come play with me!
Start to pay attention to the simple gifts in your life. Write them down!
I like to call them my
5 Grate Things
No matter how hard the day, you can always come up with something!
Try not to repeat yourself...
dig for the good stuff and uncover the magic!
"You wander from room to room, hunting for the diamond necklace that is already around your neck." ~Rumi