Attentiveness is the
natural prayer of the soul.
Pay attention, there is
no time to rush.
Everything is so icy. It's challenging to do my walks with the dog. Even my back yard is a rink. It's getting to me...along with the state of the friggin' world. I need my woods!!
I ventured out today and braved the ice to save my sanity. It was treacherous, but I made it back!
1. The woodpecker saved me.
3. Cotton candy clouds at sunrise.
3. Delicate beauty.
4. Finding my sunglasses.
5. Nice responses.
im feeling quite challenged by the state of affairs in our country at the present moment, therefore, I am lifting the ban on repeating my gratefuls. So there.
1. Beer. Glorious, amber, bubbly beer!
2. Sun. Oh dear God, thank you for some sun today.
3. A repeat visit from my potential buyer.
4. Marrow bones.
5. Annie's mac and cheese.
Long-ass week. My girl has been home with me the whole time and today the boys had headaches. It's always hard for me to shift gears when I expect them all to be in school and then suddenly they are not. I guess that's something I can appreciate about me today...1. I'm adaptable.
2. I feel better! My body is good at healing.
3. I care for my children, even when they do something totally stupid like slide down an icy hill in a kiddie pool.
4. I rise early and do my job, even when I have been repeated disturbed in my sleep by a snoring intruder.
5. I am reliable.
1. Lunch with my girl.
2. A little sun.
3. Jeb home early.
4. Having my debit card work.
5. No headache.
1. These amazing public school teachers!
2. My boys.
3. Meeting a sweet family today.
4. My sparkling clean house.
5. Getting more familiar with these new schools.
2. My kids like each other.
3. Cal's help with Hazel.
5. Grethe's help today.
1. Not having to get Kelly to school this morning.
3. Being part of the March on Saturday.
4. Martha making it happen.
5. Jeb busting it out!
I didn't want to go today. It was cold and grey. But as I was driving away from the kid's school, I saw my hill. It was covered in snow and the top was engulfed by fog. I knew I had to get up there...and it was magical.
1. Fog and snow.
2. My boot treads.
3. Ideas flowing.
4. Online yoga.
5. My peach smoothie.
1. Sleeping in. Thanks Jebber.
2. Doing a great job on the tub.
3. Quiet next door.
4. Someone else walking the dog.
~I invite you
to stand in AWE
of the glorious
1. the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for.
Notice the Trance
We all do it—switch to autopilot when life gets busy. We forget about what matters. We no longer see the mystery. We start to live small.
It's time to wake up to your life!
Come play with me!
Start to pay attention to the simple gifts in your life. Write them down!
I like to call them my
5 Grate Things
No matter how hard the day, you can always come up with something!
Try not to repeat yourself...
dig for the good stuff and uncover the magic!
"You wander from room to room, hunting for the diamond necklace that is already around your neck." ~Rumi