I invite you to
stand in awe
of the ordinary
1. The smell of this spring air...a-fucking-mazing!
2. Sitting on a rock deep in the woods, my butt wet from the moss, listening to the thrush call.
3. Kids being excited about school.
4. Today is finally our day.
5. Emerging new life.
23 years ago, my first baby came into the world.
He's any amazing human, this child.
and I love his father more now than I did 23 years ago.
and I went on to create six more beautiful creatures.
Lot's of love here.
Thank you does not seem like enough, but I offer it anyway, every day.
1. Red buds before green leaves. One of my favorite things.
2. Having little arms reach for me as we walk.
3. Hearing coffe being made.
4. Remembering a good dream.
Easter Sunday. The day of rebirth.
I am sitting outside on some chairs that an angel put out for me at my soon to be new home. I am listening to the cardinals, the crows and the woodpeckers and my pup chew on a bone she found deep in the fields. The sun is gently warming me as my tea steeps and a good book rests on my lap. I lift my gaze to the mountain and my eyes fill.
Thank you. Thank you so much.
1. Having the windows open.
2. Throwing stuff away, clearing out.
3. Relay race in the field.
4. Sitting on a rock as the sun sets with my love.
Waking on the damp leaves, listening to the water rush and the birds trill, passing by moss so green it looks unreal. I appreciate my waterproof boots as I step wherever I please.
There's so much going on in my head these days, but I can always come back to this, and I do.
There was a moment this weekend. A perfect moment. I was in a yoga class in a beautiful space, with my best friend moving behind me. I positioned myself in the front row, so I looked out through the huge windows into the woods. We were in the throes of a wild spring storm and the leaves were blowing and the trees swaying as the snow fell down. Elton John came on the playlist with "Mona Lisa". When he hit the line: "And I thank the Lord for the people that I have found" the tears came.
Tears for the opportunity to be in this amazing place, tears for my dear friend behind me, tears for my incredible family, tears for the birch swaying in the storm. Tears for Elton's voice before he got soft.
So many grate things hitting me all at once.
I love those moments.
Huge storm, but I am snug in a sacred place doing yoga.
1. A friend that makes a bad ass fire.